The History Society meets in Acomb Methodist Chapel monthly between September and May. Members, new members and visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Chairman: Gordon Scorer firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 – 2019 SPEAKERS
Venue: Acomb Methodist Chapel at 7.30 pm
- September 10th Roger Morris “The Isaac Tea Trail”
- October 8th Frank Grant “The Carr’s Biscuit Story”
- November 12th Liz Finch “The History of Seaton Delaval Hall”
- December 10th Anthony Atkinson “Ellen Wlkinson MP. Jarrow March 1936”
- January 14th Robert Moon “Nicholas and Alexander…Tsar of all Russia”
- February 11th Tom Richardson ” Farming History and Ice cream at Wheelbirks”
- March 11th Glynis Grainger “Life in a Jar. The WW2 Rescue of 2500 Jewish Children from Warsaw by a Polish Nurse”
- April 8th Michael Greatbatch “ Benwell and Fenham in World War 1″
- May 11th Craig Appely “A visit to Aydon Castle”
- £10.00 per person
- £16.00 per couple
- or £3.00 on the night per visitor.