The History Society meets in Acomb Methodist Chapel monthly between September and May. Members, new members and visitors are welcome at all meetings.
Chairman: Gordon Scorer firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 – 2017 SPEAKERS
Venue: Acomb Methodist Chapel at 7.30 pm
- Sept 12th Susan Lynn “Tales from the dark side….Some grisly and ghostly tales from Newcastle – true stories and stories to capture the imagination ….”
- Oct 10th Peter Ryder “Faith” Stones and Mortar……The Chapels of the North Pennines”
- Nov 14th Andrew Clark “Life in the 30s 4os and 50s …when Monday was a washing day!”
- Dec 12th George Cairn “A moving story … the history of Pickfords”
- Jan 9th “Tales of the Riverbank. North Shields to South Shields via Wylam. The Tyne Story.
- Feb 13th Geoff Hughes ” The Trevellyans of Wallington Hall. Probably the richest Socialists in the North”
- March 13th Dr Ian Roberts “World War 2 in Northumberland. The secret sites of the North Tyne and Redesdale”
- Apr 10th Anthea Lang “ Garden with Capabilities – The story of Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown”
- May 8th Richard Young “A walk through the history and buildings of Corbridge.”
- £8.00 per person
- £12.00 per couple
- or £3.00 on the night per visitor.